One in eight older Americans suffers from Alzheimer’s Disease. With the growing numbers of Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients, we recognize the need to help families care for their loved ones and offer relief from the pressures and stress that it can bring to the family. We are certified through the Alzheimer’s Association of America to care for individuals with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Families are often faced with the challenge of how to provide care for their loved one. Many feel overwhelmed with the responsibilities of daily life and the extensive care that accompanies a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s. Fortunately, we are able to provide families with the help they need.Our services allow your loved one to remain at home in familiar surroundings while providing the consistency of daily living habits that are very important with caring for Alzheimer’s patients. Our caretakers are trained and qualified to give the respite care or long term care your family needs.
Contact Southern Companions for more about Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Know the 10 Signs
If you notice any of the 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s in yourself or someone you know, don’t ignore them. Schedule an appointment with your doctor.
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning and solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood and personality
Get more information on Alzheimer’s at www.alz.org
623 Green St. NW Suite B Gainesville, GA 30501